Thursday, October 2, 2014

It's Time to Pre-Final-Project

At this semester, this lecture is like your life or death for a last year student like me. I haven't opportunity to continue a post about EXO TLP in Jakarta. I was really busy and thinking a lot for just this lecture. Beside this lecture, there is also the studio design of architecture. Although this semester I took just about five lecture, but each of the lecture is more difficult to do and so many thought that I have to decide so I could have a good grade for each lecture.

The pre-final-project became the topic of my thought of this day-that-makes-me-frustrate. I proposed a title, "Recreation and Tourism Center at Gedebage". First, I had to have a strong background to make sure the mentor. I had to have a master plan of Gedebage. But obviously, I can't. It has been about more than a month searching for master plan, but I haven't found one. Then, I should have a site that the design will be planned. I can't decided it very clearly to my mentor. So, I feel like frustrate but don't want to give up too early with this lecture.

A group of our lecturer managed us into a few of typology. Each of us has a typology itself. The lecturer decided my title into a theme park typology. I think, the typology of this title is not only a theme park typology but also it can be a recreation typology. The simple meaning of recreation is an activity which is doing on a spare time or a long holiday. You could enjoy any facilities that will bring you to happiness or relaxation, forget all about routine activity. I still really confuse what the buildings that I want to design to respond the environment and why it should be a recreation center. It's a mystery. uuu~~~

Gedebage is a development area of Bandung. I have found more than two master plan of Gedebage. I don't know which one of the updated master plan. I asked a few of my friends, they didn't know a lot about this because they aren't from Bandung or they just have heard that place once or they really haven't heard anythings of Gedebage. I had take a look from senior last year that have finished final project. There are about ten titles that examine the site at Gedebage and no one had studied about recreation typology. It's more like to design a stadium and terminal for train and bus. I am really in an apprehensive situation.
Gedebage, East Bandung (source: Google Maps) (you'll see what am I doing right now)
Tata Guna Lahan RTRW Bandung 2013 (see the purple area) (source: Pemerintah Kota Bandung)

Master Plan of Gedebage (source: skyscrapercity.com)
So, what would I have to do now, find the official master plan from the directorate of planning and urban development, make a programming, compile all of the data into a report, and also don't forget to pray to Allah SWT. I hope whose read this will also doing the work smoothly and no hard obstacle. About Gedebage itself, I will try to make a post soon (as I finish the report as possible). For full original size of those picture above, please contact me to any of my SNS account (click this to see my Short Profile) I will immediately send to you~~ :) (but those pictures will be find easily at the search engine hahaha) Thank you~

No comments:

Post a Comment